Carpet Cleaning: Our goal is to help you prolong the life of your carpet investment.
- Vacuum frequently. It helps remove dry soil particles that can dull fibers and cause matting.
- Moving your furniture a couple times a year will help to alter traffic patterns.
- Avoid long hours of direct sunlight on carpet. Consider having your windows tinted with a UV reducing tint.
- When you have a spill, remember to use water and a white rag first, blot rather than scrub
- Carpet mills recommend having your carpets professionally steam cleaned (hot water extraction) once a year, more frequently if you have high traffic, pets, or children.
Tips and Tidbits:
- Basic Carpet Stain Removal guidelines
- Scoop up as much of the spill as possible, with a towel or a spoon
- Blot the area, don’t rub or scrub. Gently press a clean white cloth into the stained area to remove moisture. Scrubbing can damage the fiber and set the stain into the carpet.
- Apply warm, not hot water to the stained area and blot until the stain stops transferring to the cloth.
- If you can still see the stain, make a Detergent solution by adding ¼ teaspoon CLEAR dishwashing liquid to one cup warm water. Don’t use too much soap, because it’s difficult to rinse out of the carpet.
- Apply detergent solution, let sit five minutes, then rinse with clear warm water. Repeat until all the detergent is removed.
- Place layers of white paper towels on the spill to absorb the liquid. Weight down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object. You can let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
- If you can see the stain after all this, repear steps 3 throught 7. It means the stain penetrated deep into the pile and has wicked up to the surface.